Do come in and get warm. I’ve got just the thing for that chill! Settle in and have a cup of my Harvest Blend Tea. Can you taste the rich spices? I’ve combined a favorite Chai (no longer available in stores, so I’m hording what I have) with a beloved Orange Pekoe. I hope you like Beethoven.
As we barrel towards the holidays, I want to pause and say Thank You to all my readers. I appreciate each and every one of you! In the States, we celebrate Thanksgiving at this time of year, remembering our heritage and counting our blessings. Most gather for feasts and special times of fellowship with their families.
As Oscar Wilde said, summer collapses into fall. October and November seem like a blur to me. 2016 is going by faster than I’d like. The past year has been one of loss for our family, but we still have so much to be thankful for. I thank God for my children, our health, friends, family, our home, our country, and you, dear reader, along with countless other blessings we’ve received.
So choose a chair, a cup, and a treat, or two! Please, do share some of the things your’re most thankful for.
I’ve pulled out all the stops with my fall décor for this tea. Utilizing ribbons, leaves, and ornaments found in discount stores, I adorned glass candle sticks, giving everything a festive air. The unusual tea service, in fall colors, proved perfect for the occasion. The candy corn and Indian corn candles remind me of my childhood (my dad always had bunches of Indian corn hanging from beams in his den!). I purchased them in a specialty shop. Store bought cookies, flavored with fruit and nuts, fit the theme nicely.
- If you are short on time, spend your moments on the décor and purchase the food you’ll serve guests.
- Use festive ribbon to tie florist picks, leaves, or themed ornaments to candlesticks, serving trays, or napkins.
- Keep an eye out for bargains that you can use to amp up your décor. I bought my themed candles while on a trip and transported them home!
- Pick a tea or create your own (like I did) that matches the season.
- It’s a busy time of year, so be considerate when scheduling your event. Invite your friends well in advance.
May each of you have a blessed Thanksgiving!
COPYRIGHT 2016. VICTORIA BENCHLEY ALL RIGHTS RESERVED